What types of information do you collect?
- Traffic Data. As is true of most websites, we automatically collect certain information when you visit our Website. This information includes: (i) IP addresses, (ii) domain servers, (iii) types of computers accessing the Website, (iv) types of web browsers used to access the Website, (v) referring/exit pages, (vi) data about usage patterns throughout the Website (e.g. click rates on different links etc.). Information of this type ("Traffic Data") is anonymous information that does not personally identify you but is helpful for us to improve the business performance and user experience of the Website.
- Personal Information. In order for you to make donations through the Website, register with the Website, purchase tickets or registrations through the Website, RSVP to free events posted on the Website, or take certain other actions on the Website (e.g. contacting us through forms, etc.) we require you to provide us with information that personally identifies you ("Personal Information"). Personal Information includes the following types of data:
- Contact Data such as name, mailing address, e-mail address, and AKHUWAT user-name, account number, and password
- Financial Data such as your account or credit card number
- Demographic Data such as your zip code, age, and gender
- Company Data such as your business name, size, and business type
- Activity Data such as your donation history, fundraising history, events attended, etc.
How do you collect traffic data?
The Website also contains web beacons, which are electronic images that are used along with cookies to compile statistics so we can analyze how the Website is being used. Our e-mails may also contain web beacons so we can track how many people open the message or click on links within the message. This information helps us improve our communication and marketing efforts.
Is my personal information kept confidential?
How does AKHUWAT use my personal information?
We use your information in a variety of ways to help us run the Website. Here are some of the ways we use your information:
- To send you receipts
- To send you updates about the Website
- To send you updates about activity on the Website related to you
- To send newsletters
- To administer your account
- To respond to customer service inquiries
- To send marketing materials
- To improve our Website and marketing efforts
How do your email communications work?
We send out various emails to users who interact with the Website, such as emails about new blog posts, product releases, or special events or promotions ("Marketing Emails"). Every user that registers with the Website will automatically be subscribed to receive certain Marketing Emails. Aside from those registering with the Website, you must opt in to receive Marketing Emails.
Marketing Emails contain an unsubscribe option which you can follow at any point if you wish to stop receiving some, or all, Marketing Emails. If you have received our Marketing Emails mistakenly, or wish to stop receiving them, you can also contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove you from our list.
Users may also send emails through the Website (" Supporter Emails"). For example, personal fundraisers may send messages to their contacts through the Website in order to ask people to visit their fundraising page and donate. They may also send emails to update donors or to thank donors for their gifts. Supporter Emails sent through the Website will have an unsubscribe link.
Please keep in mind that, notwithstanding the foregoing, we have no control over emails sent through third party emailing applications.
Who has access to my credit card number?
Who has access to my personal information (except for credit card #)?
We share your Personal information with other business partners who assist us in performing core services (such as hosting, data storage, and security) related to the operation of the Website. These business partners only use your Personal Information to perform these core services, which are necessary for the orderly operation of the Website.
Note that making a donation "anonymous" only hides your donation from public activity feeds, not the finance team at AKHUWAT.
If you donate anonymously through a personal or team fundraising page, your personal information will not be shared with either the individual fundraiser or the team fundraising captain. If you make a donation to an individual fundraiser but do not donate anonymously, then the person who created the fundraising page will also have access to your Personal Information (except for your credit card number). If you make a donation through an individual fundraising page associated with a fundraising team, or directly to a team fundraising page, then the team fundraising captain will also have access to your Personal Information (again, except for your credit card number). You consent to the foregoing and agree that we are not responsible for how these organizations or persons handle your Personal Information. You should visit their websites and/or contact them directly for their privacy policies and data usage practices.
Are pages I create private?
In general, no. If you create a personal fundraising page, team page, profile page, or other webpage on the Website, it is not private. Pages created on the Website are indexed by search engines and accessible to the public.
What other information is public?
Information you post on, personal fundraising pages, team pages, or other public pages on the Website can be accessed by other people. You should exercise caution when deciding to share information on public pages. We cannot control who accesses shared information or how other parties will use that information.
What are activity feeds?
Activity feeds are streamed displays of actions occurring on the Website. There are various public activity feeds on the Website.
Unless you select the option to donate anonymously, your name and the amount of your donation (or ticket/registration purchase) will be publicly displayed through the activity feed and the activity feed of a fundraising or team page
What choices do I have?
It's up to you whether or not you want to provide us with Personal Information. You can still visit the Website without providing us with Personal information, but you will be unable to take certain actions without doing so.
You can also choose to make contributions anonymously. If you make an anonymous contribution, your name will not be displayed through the Website's activity feeds and your Personal Information will not be given to (i) the individual fundraiser you made a donation through, or (ii) the team fundraising captain if you donated through a team fundraising page or a personal page associated with a fundraising team.
How can I update or correct my personal information?
If you have activated your profile you can update your information by clicking on "My Profile" which is accessible at the top of your screen once you've logged in.
What do I do if my information is lost or stolen?
If you know, or suspect, that your credit card, user name, or password has been lost, stolen, or used without your authorization you need to contact us immediately (email@example.com). Upon notification, we will take reasonable steps to mitigate any damage which may have been caused. You are responsible for the safety and security of your user name and password. You should logout after each session you have with the Website and you shouldn't share this information.
Can children use this website?
Our Website is for a general audience and is not targeted towards children. Children under 13 years of age are prohibited from using the Website per our Terms of Service. If your child has used the Website and submitted Personal Information to us, please contact us and we will endeavor to remove that information from the Website and our database.